If you want your charter school to be covered by TV news, here are some steps you can take:
- Reach out to local TV stations: Find the contact information for the news departments of local TV stations and send them a press release or email about the upcoming events at your charter school. Be sure to include details about the events, dates, times, and any other relevant information.
- Create a visually appealing event: Make sure the event you are holding is visually appealing and newsworthy. Consider hiring a professional photographer or videographer to capture the event and provide the footage to local TV stations.
- Utilize social media: Share information about the event on your school’s social media pages and encourage your followers to share it with their own networks. This can help to increase visibility and generate interest in the event.
- Offer exclusives: Offer local TV stations exclusive access to the event, such as a private interview with a key figure at the school or early access to the event itself. This can help to encourage coverage and ensure that your event is covered in a favorable light.
- Follow up: After the event, follow up with the TV stations you reached out to and see if they are interested in covering the event or would like more information. If they are not able to cover the event, ask if there are other events in the future that they may be interested in covering.
Remember, the more information you can provide and the more visually appealing the event is, the more likely it is that local TV stations will be interested in covering it.