Need to schedule your posts, tweets, and chitchats?
There’s an app for that!
App stores are stocked full with many different social media scheduling tools designed to automate posts, tweets, and updates. Some apps are basically similar, and others operate in entirely different ways and address distinct scheduling needs. The key is to know which app best fits your needs and will work the most effectively toward your online communication goals.
Which is the best for your business? We’ve cleared the clutter to get down to the top five apps for you to consider:
Buffer is one of the most user-friendly and effective social media scheduling tools. Key benefits are:
- Allows you to set times for the specific dates you want your social media updates to post.
- Enables you to schedule multiple updates.
- Helps you determine the best times schedule to maximize exposure based on where your target markets are located.
- Schedules posts on most social networks like Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn and Pinterest.
- Offers strategic ideas on topics to post.
Hootsuite lets you manually compose and schedule tweets. Key benefits are:
- You can upload 350 tweets and schedule different times you want them to post.
- Hootsuite can help you find content for your social media venues.
- In addition to Rwitter, Hootsuite works on Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn and Instagram.
PostPlanner was created to schedule Facebook posts. Key benefits are:
- PostPlanner helps you find content to share on Facebook.
- The app can identify posts that certain audiences respond to through likes and shares.
- PostPlanner also helps you determine the optimum times to schedule posts to get the most interaction.
Tailwind bills itself as “Your end-to-end solution for winning on Pinterest and Instagram.” Its key benefits are:
- It allows you to schedule preset times for posts and pins.
- Tailwind suggests best times to schedule pins based on topics and when your audience is most likely online.
- Tailwind offers a browser extension that makes uploading pins into your schedule as easy as clicking on a picture.
SocialOomph allows you to upload updates into a queue for a logical sequencing of posting times. Key benefits are:
- SocialOomph will send your tweets out in an endless loop so your Twitter account never runs out of updates.
- The app will help you maximize your message by tracking keywords.
- It reports back mentions and retweets.
- SocialOomph operates on an intelligence model that helps you identify quality people to follow on Twitter.
Posting updates using social media scheduling apps is a very effective strategy in keeping your accounts active when you’re unable to be online. Automation is a wonderful tool, but keep in mind that social media is about being social. Your accounts still need to reflect your personality. We’ve all seen repetitive posts and tweets that look robotic. Be careful not to let your messages sound unattached and mechanical because that will cost you followers.
Use social media scheduling tools to keep an active appearance when you truly cannot be online–not to replace the natural interaction that attracts followers. On the other hand, allowing your accounts to sit dormant for weeks while you are out on business or a vacation is far more damaging. Use social media scheduling tools with caution and thoughtfulness and your bottom line will reap the rewards.